WGI Sport of the Arts is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Special Projects Manager to work in our Dayton, Ohio, headquarters. The position functions in a small office in a highly collaborative environment under the supervision of the Director of Operations and should embrace our mission to inspire and educate young people around the world through unparalleled competitions and events.
WGI is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion with a diverse team of employees and welcome the unique contributions individuals bring regardless of race, disability, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In this full-time position, the ideal candidate will be responsible for leading several projects simultaneously and providing operational support for various teams within the organization under the supervision of the Director of Operations. This position requires initiative and candidates must be able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all compliance-based record keeping
- Manage contracts with all independent contractors
- Provide support in the areas of ticketing and event operations
- Manage educational and business development projects as needed
- Serve as a liaison to third party vendors as needed
- Assist with general preparation and organization of event materials
- Research and give recommendations on processes and issues that might arise
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks as assigned by the Director of Operations
- BS degree preferred, but will consider work experience with proven results
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Brilliant interpersonal skills
- High level of communication and organizational skills
- Must have initiative and be able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Maintain professional relationships with organization stakeholders
- Ability to recognize and keep confidential information
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrate critical decision making
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary history via email to Bart Woodley, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.