Master Agreement FAQ
WGI has updated its policies towards Participant Protection through a strengthened Code of Conduct. A centerpiece of formalizing these policies is the Participating Group Master Agreement required of each group attending a WGI event. Depending on your classification, items such as scholastic eligibility(Scholastic Letter), insurance, and copyright are now incorporated into this new comprehensive document.
What is the Participating Group Master Agreement (PGMA or simply MA)?
- The Participating Group Master Agreement (PGMA) was developed in coordination with a strengthened Code of Conduct with a new Participant Reporting Policy for all entities involved in WGI
- The new Master Agreement incorporates eligibility and insurance requirements, and copyright policies that were previously part of the event registration process into one comprehensive document
Who must submit a Participating Group Master Agreement?
- Every group participating at a WGI event must have a signed agreement on file with the WGI office.
When is the Agreement due?
For more information on Group Requirement Deadlines click here.
What happens if my group fails to have the signed Master Agreement on file by the deadline?
- If the Master Agreement is not on file by the deadline, your group cannot be scheduled for that event
- Groups not scheduled for an event due to not having a signed Master Agreement on file may forfeit any entry fee to that event
Who should sign the Master Agreement?
- Single Scholastic School groups are to have the Master Agreement signed by the school principal
- Combined Scholastic School groups are to have the Master Agreement signed by the Superintendent
- Independent groups are to have the agreement signed by an officer of the organization
- University groups are to have the agreement signed by an employee of the university
How does a group access the Master Agreement?
- Located on the Directors’ Only website
- Select your group and click on the Master Agreement
How does a group submit the Master Agreement?
- Print the Master Agreement PDF
- Complete the Master Agreement listing Participant Group Name, Classification, and Address
- Obtain the appropriate signature
- Enter the current date
- Upload all documents on the Directors’ Dashboard under the DOCUMENTS UPLOAD
What if my School District has questions about the Participating Group Master Agreement?
- Please submit any questions via email to WGI at email@example.com or call (937) 247-5919.