Clark Shawnee Local School District
The Pride of Shawnee Marching Band & Colorguard are looking for an Assistant Colorguard Director for the 2023 Fall Season.
The Pride of Shawnee Marching Band (PSMB) is a non-competitive ensemble that performs at every football game and attends Band Shows (Saturdays) throughout the season. We also have a Winterguard that competes in the MEPA circuit. This position does include Winterguard if the candidate works out in the Fall season.
Some things we’re looking for:
- Experience in all areas of equipment.
- Experience with choreographing for a Beginning/Intermediate ensemble.
- Ability to maintain a safe and nurturing environment for students.
- Be at every rehearsal and performance.
- A strong understanding of technique.
- Leadership qualities that students can look up to.
- DCI/WGI Experience. (HIGHLY Preferred)
- Background in Dance. (HIGHLY Preferred)
Compensation will be based on your experience. Once the job is offered, the candidate will have to get a background check through the Clark Shawnee Local School District. We start Summer rehearsals in May and Band Camp the first two weeks of August. Attendance for Band Camp is mandatory. While experience is preferred for this job, do not let this deter you from applying!
To apply for this position please have the following:
- A brief description of yourself and your experience.
- Your resume.
- Three references who can attest to your experience.
John Arenas (Colorguard Director) and Sarah Smith (Band Director) will review your application as soon as it is emailed. If we want to take a closer look at what you have to offer, we will reach out to you to set up an interview via Google Meet.
Email your applications to John Arenas at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.
Interviewing window: April 17th – April 21st
The application will close when the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com