WGI Sport of the Arts is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Director of Finance to work in our Dayton, Ohio, headquarters. The position functions in a small office in a highly collaborative environment and should embrace our mission to inspire and educate young people around the world through unparalleled competitions and events with the spirit of inclusion, personal development, and community.
WGI is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion with a diverse team of employees and welcomes individuals’ unique contributions regardless of race, disability, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all financial operations and activities of the organization.
- Record daily financial transactions and ensure all expenditures are properly authorized, classified, and documented.
- Manage the general ledger accounting process, including accruals and reconciliations.
- Prepare and present financial reports to senior management, including budgets, forecasts, and variance analysis, to monitor and analyze financial performance.
- Develop and implement financial policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, regulations, and legal requirements, including filing annual and quarterly tax forms and returns.
- Supervise annual audit conducted by independent accounting firm.
- Conduct cost control analysis and identify areas for improvement.
- Perform risk analysis and develop strategies to mitigate financial risks.
- Contributes to team effort by collaborating with other departments to support financial planning and decision-making processes.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration but will consider work experience in non-profit finance with proven results.
- Solid understanding of general ledger accounting, accrual accounting, and financial accounting principles
- Expertise in balance sheet reconciliation and financial statement preparation
- Familiarity with corporate accounting practices and regulations
- Strong knowledge of cost control principles and financial report writing
- Must be motivated to think strategically and demonstrate sound decision-making to reach solutions.
- Proficient in accounting software (QuickBooks) and MS Office (Excel).
- High level of communication and organizational skills, balancing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to recognize and keep confidential information.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary history via email or mail to WGI Sport of the Arts, 1994 Byers Road, Dayton, OH 45342.