The Combined Schools Application is due by December 1, 2023
The purpose of the combined schools policy is to encourage participation from scholastic groups that may have limited resources while keeping the integrity of the scholastic classes intact. Combining schools for the purpose of competitive advantage is contrary to this policy and will not be approved.
- Combined School:
A group in any scholastic class may apply for approval to combine students from multiple schools
within a school district under the following guidelines:
• Multiple groups within a school district may be approved to combine on a case-bycase review by WGI. In very rare cases, schools from different districts may combine if approved.
• Groups combining students from multiple schools within a school district may not have another
group in the same division (Color Guard, Percussion, or Winds) participating locally with a Circuit
Partner, or with WGI.
• School districts with multiple competitive field marching band programs within the district will
be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for approval to combine students from multiple schools.
• If approved, all combined groups may be required to compete using a school district name or, under rare circumstances, a combined name approved by WGI.
• Scholastic groups utilizing students from parochial, vocational, or charter schools, must apply
for approval under combined school guidelines.
• The group shall submit the Combined Schools Participating Group Master Agreement signed by the
district superintendent and filed with the WGI office.
• Groups applying to combine students from multiple schools must apply
for approval by December 1.
• WGI will have the final determination on whether a group will be permitted to combine students from multiple schools. If application for combined schools is denied, the group has the option to either not include students from other schools or compete in an independent class.
- Combined School: