Volunteers are essential for providing the experience that members, staff, and fans expect from WGI. WGI will start recruiting for World Championships Volunteers in September.
Color Guard World Championships: April 11-13th
Percussion and Winds World Championships: April 18-21st
- Shared-occupancy hotel accommodations at the Dayton Marriott
- Meals during event times at arenas
- Credentials that allow you entrance to all venues (weekend specific)
- Shuttle transportation from/to airport and hotel, and from hotel to each venue
- Discounts on WGI merchandise
- Free parking
- Some, but not all, positions give you a view of unit performances or warm-up sites
- Special WGI event attire
- Opportunity to join the WGI Scholarship Committee
- Volunteers must be available Wednesday evening through Saturday evening.
- Volunteers must attend the Volunteer Meeting on the Wednesday prior to their first shift (7 pm at the Dayton Marriott).
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Volunteers between the ages of 14-17 must be accompanied by a parent or chaperone who is also volunteering. For more info contact WGI’s Volunteer Coordinator, Julie Noble, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your desire is to be with your group or to watch your kid(s) perform, please be with your group instead of volunteering. We do not have the means to guarantee you will be able to see specific performances.
- Once your interest form is completed, you will receive information on the next steps in the sign-up process via email. Please be certain that your email address listed on the Volunteer Interest Form is current and accurate to ensure you receive all communications.
- Returning volunteers need to complete the Volunteer Interest Form each year.
- The interest form will be open from September through early February or until slots are filled.
- Next steps, including background checks and phone interviews, will start being communicated in early September.
- The first round of volunteer invitations will go out in early December and spots are limited. Prospective volunteers should signup as early as possible.
- Virtual informational meetings and training will take place in the 2-3 months leading up to the event.
- Site assignments will go out in early March, with individual role assignments 2-3 weeks prior to the event.
Contact WGI’s Volunteer Coordinator, Julie Noble, at email@example.com.