Dayton, OH – Dallas, TX – Orlando, FL – Irvine, CA
Click HERE to register!
This summer, WGI is launching a new educational performance opportunity for marching arts performers of all ages—WGI Solo & Ensemble powered by System Blue.
Positioned in WGI’s typical off-season—and before the start of summer band—WGI Solo & Ensemble offers a venue for performers of all ages to showcase their skills as an individual or small ensemble. Unique in its format, WGI Solo & Ensemble will welcome any and all performers, including those not currently or previously affiliated with a WGI-performing group.
- Junior Class: 17 years of age and under
- Senior Class: 18 years of age and above*
*Senior Class participants are not bound by any age limit.
- Color Guard: Flag, Rifle, Sabre, and Movement
- Percussion: Snare Drum, Multi-Tenor Drum, Keyboard, Timpani, and Multi-Percussion*
- Winds – Woodwind: Flute/Piccolo, Oboe, Bassoon, Clarinet/Bass Clarinet, and Saxophone
- Winds – Brass: Trumpet, French Horn/Mellophone, Baritone/Euphonium, Trombone, and Tuba
*any number of percussion instruments played by a solo performer, including a drum set
color guard ensemble categories
- Mixed: any authorized equipment
instrumental ensemble categories
- Mixed: any instrumentation
2019 solo & ensemble contest rules
Click here to download the 2019 WGI Solo & Ensemble Contest Rules.
Have more questions? Email email@example.com.