- Below is information regarding WGI Practice Rules and Regulations. Please read through this information and download the info packet for your venues.
- All WGI practice is assigned using one of the following methods:
Your prelims performance time (this is especially true in cases where 6 AM- 8 AM was requested but the performance time was 8 PM) -OR- As close to your original request as possible.
Please keep in mind the following:
- You are financially responsible for ALL ASSIGNED TIME. The balance on your practice time MUST be paid by Friday, March 17th at 5 pm EST, or you will lose your request.
- Upgrades are not guaranteed. For those groups who do not receive an upgrade, the upgrade portion will be refunded in the manner in which you paid, at the conclusion of the season.
- The practice time you receive is the complete time you have to load in, practice, and load out, there is no leeway in this time. Most venues have groups scheduled back to back the entire day. If you do not load out by your listed end time, the group behind you will get in late and it will cause a back log to the last group who will then not get their full time.
- WGI has only rented the venue that is listed as your practice site. Please do not arrive early and warm up outside as many of these facilities are in neighborhoods with noise ordinances. If you are found in violation of this, you may be subject to a penalty. Rule 8.2.
- Please be courteous to the staff at each facility and leave the site in better shape than you found it. We want to leave a good impression on these venue managers so that they will continue to let us use their facilities. Please contact the staff at the venue to help you remove center bars, bleachers, scoring tables, or anything else. Your cooperation with this is greatly appreciated.
- There is a Facebook group set up for you to buy/sell/trade practice times, WGI World Championship Practice Exchange. With the addition of the Facebook group, it is much easier than ever before to buy/sell/trade/exchange your practice time.
- Percussion and Winds ensembles: Please adhere to the practice schedule you received and utilize the indoor facilities only. Outdoor rehearsal is strictly prohibited at any WGI practice facility. Many of these facilities are in neighborhoods with noise ordinances. If you are found in violation of this penalties may be assessed. Rule 8.2
- If there are any complaints from any of the practice venues regarding a certain group, WGI reserves the right to penalize your group.
Color Guard Rule 8.2/ Percussion Rule 8.2/Winds Rule 8.2
- Each venue has provided WGI with as much information as possible regarding their venue. Photos and specs are all located under the practice info form for each venue. If your venue has not provided information, then WGI has supplied as much information as possible for your convenience. Please let us know if any of the information in the venue packet is different than what you experience at the venue.
Dayton Area Venues
Cincinnati Area Venues
Dayton Convention Center – Color Guard Only Only available Friday/Saturday of CG
22 East Fifth Street
Dayton, OH 45402
Please load in through the loading dock. There will be WGI volunteers to help direct you where to go.
Dayton Sports Complex Color Guard Only
Dayton Sports Complex – Soccer Fields – CG Info Packet
Dayton Sports Complex – Basketball – CG Info Packet
4801 Salem Avenue
Dayton, Ohio 45416
Sinclair Community College –
Gymnasium Info Packet – Color Guard Only
Fieldhouse Info Packet – CG & PW (Available for Sunday Winds)
444 W Third Street, Bldg 8
Dayton, OH 45402
Sports Plus – Color Guard Only
Sports Plus Court 1 Info Packet
Sports Plus Court 2 Info Packet
Sports Plus Court 3 Info Packet
Sports Plus Court 4 Info Packet
Sports Plus Court 5 Info Packet
Sports Plus Court 6 Info Packet
10765 Reading Road
Cincinnati, OH 45241