WGI Sport of the Arts is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Event Manager to work in our Dayton, Ohio, headquarters. The position functions in a small office in a highly collaborative environment under the supervision of the Director of Operations and should embrace our mission to inspire and educate young people around the world through unparalleled competitions and events.
WGI is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion with a diverse team of employees and welcome the unique contributions individuals bring regardless of race, disability, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In this full-time position, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the organization of multiple events and procurement of supplies to run successful events under the supervision of the Director of Operations. This position requires initiative and candidates must be able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with preparation, maintenance, and organization of WGI events
- Create and distribute event materials and documentation
- Schedule travel and securing event logistics
- Procure event supplies and awards
- Procure local office supplies
- Coordinate company wide mass mailings
- Coordinate event specific shipments
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks as assigned by the Director of Operations
- BS degree or certification in Event Management but will consider work experience with proven results
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office with emphasis in Excel
- Brilliant interpersonal skills
- High level of communication and organizational skills
- Must have initiative and be able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Maintain professional relationships with organization stakeholders
- Ability to recognize and keep confidential information
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrate critical decision making
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary history via email to Bart Woodley, Director of Operations at email@example.com, or mailed to: WGI Sport of the Arts, 1994 Byers Road, Dayton, OH 45342.