Your chance to win up to $500 in scholarship money!
WGI is excited to offer a new virtual performance opportunity for performers —WGI eSolo Virtual Competition powered by System Blue. In this event, performers will self-record their solo and upload it for adjudication and viewing on FloMarching as they host the five WGI eSolo Regional events throughout June and July.
Unique in its format, the WGI eSolo Virtual Competition is open to all ages and to all performers, including individuals not currently or previously affiliated with a WGI-performing group.
Each solo performance will receive recorded commentary from a WGI judge as well as an overall rating. Top performers in each event will win scholarship prize money that can be used toward secondary education or performing group participation fees! Winners of the Regional events advance to the WGI eSolo Virtual Finals to be held August 1, 2020.
Dates & Locations
- Scholastic Class: 18 years of age and under*
- Independent Class: 19 years of age and above
*19 year old performers who participated in a scholastic group during the 2019-20 school year may register in Scholastic Class
- Color Guard: Flag, Rifle, Sabre, Movement, and Mixed Equipment
- Percussion: Snare Drum, Multi-Tenor Drum, Mallet, Timpani, Piano/Synth, and Multi-Percussion*
- Winds – Woodwind: Flute/Piccolo, Oboe, Bassoon, Clarinet/Bass Clarinet, and Saxophone
- Winds – Brass: Trumpet, French Horn/Mellophone, Baritone/Euphonium, Trombone, and Tuba
*any number of percussion instruments played by a solo performer, including a drum set