From an Ascend Performing Arts Press Release:
DENVER, CO – With the successful of last year’s “Day of Percussion” at the Drums Along the Rockies (click for 2016 show info) with 174 participants, the “drum show” will expand this year to include full clinic sessions for color guard and winds allowing a greater number of students to participate.
The BKXperience-Perform! clinic is sponsored by Ascend Performing Arts, Jupiter Band Instruments, Mapex Marching Percussion, and Majestic Percussion, is a day of camaraderie and unparalleled instruction for anyone from middle school to college who is looking for a challenge that serves a lifetime. This clinic is open to battery and front ensemble percussion, all woodwinds, brass and color guard at any skill level. There will also be a clinic for drum majors and those student leaders looking to become drum majors.
Learn from the best in the performing arts world:
- Brad Toth (Blue Knights Brass Caption Head)
- Mike Jackson (Blue Knights Drum & Bugle Corps Percussion Caption Head and WGI Hall of Famer)
- Mike Nevin (Blue Knights Percussion Ensemble)
- Brandy Dubose (Blue Knights Drum & Bugle Corps Color Guard Caption Head)
- …and more!
Clinic participants will learn performance techniques as well as a selection of music to be performed alongside the members of the Denver Broncos Stampede in the opening ceremonies for the Drums Along the Rockies show immediately following the clinic. After the dinner meal is provided, all students will participate in a “Show & Tell” performance open to the public at no charge before the start of the opening ceremonies.
The clinic will run from 9:00am to 5:00pm at Sports Authority Field at Mile High stadium.
All clinic participants will receive:
- World class instruction by some of the best in the activity
- FREE ticket to the Drums Along The Rockies show ($20 value)
- FREE clinic t-shirt
- Lunch and Dinner meals provided
What to bring:
- Battery participants are highly encouraged to Bring Your Own Drum (BYOD) as equipment will be limited
- Front Ensemble instruments will be available in limited supply
- Brass & woodwind participants should Bring Your Own Horn (BYOH)
- Color Guard participants should bring their own flag
- With DATR Ticket: $40 pre-paid/$50 at door
- Without DATR Ticket: $20 pre-paid/$30 at door
To pre-register for the clinic, visit the BKMarketplace.org, complete the online form and pre-pay the fee. NOTE:Registration fee increases on the day of the event, July 9, 2016.