All participants of any group competing in any scholastic class must have approval for participation in any WGI-sanctioned event by the administration of the sponsoring school(s).
A group in any scholastic class may apply for approval to combine students from multiple schools within a school district under the following guidelines:
• Groups combining students from multiple schools within a school district may not have another group in the same division (Color Guard, Percussion, or Winds) participating locally with a Circuit Partner, or with WGI.
• School districts with multiple competitive field marching band programs within the district will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for approval to combine students from multiple schools.
• If approved, all combined groups must compete using the school district name only.
• Scholastic groups utilizing students from parochial, vocational, or charter schools, must apply for approval under combined school guidelines.
• The group shall submit the Combined Schools Participating Group Master Agreement signed by the district superintendent and filed with the WGI office.
• Groups applying to combine students from multiple schools within a school district must apply for approval by December 1.
• All combined schools previously approved as of the 2020 season do not need to re-apply to compete as a combined school (unless they have had changes to their circumstances ex: added new schools or other changes).
WGI will have the final determination on whether a group will be permitted to combine students from multiple schools.
In order to complete this application, all groups applying must upload a letter from the school district superintendent stating reasons why the district approves combining of students from multiple groups to create one group. Please make sure you have this ready as you will not be allowed to submit this application without uploading that document.