2023 Color Guard Judge Academy
March 18-19, 2023 - Dallas, TX
Cost - $150
Applications Due January 1, 2023
Requirements for Application
- At least 3 years active judging experience.
- Completion of WGI-Certify Lesson 340 and receipt of Level 300 THE CIRCUIT JUDGE certificate.
- Completion of WGI-Certify Lesson 320 Second Caption
- UPSTAIRS JUDGES: either movement or equipment
- DOWNSTAIRS JUDGES: opposite caption.
- Completion of WGI-Certify Lessons 400-430
The WGI Judge Academy is the second phase of WGICertify Level 400. For additional information on WGICertify click here.
Applications Must Include
- WGI Circuit Certified Judge Certificate (completion of lesson 340)
- Lesson 320 Second Caption Completion Certificate
- Level 400 Completion Certificate
- Sample of commentary
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a WGI affiliate*
- CGAB member
- WGI Judge
- WGI Administration/Staff
*Letters of recommendation should attest to scoring, commentary, and professionalism.
After a thorough screening process, WGI will contact the applicant to let them know of their acceptance into the academy. Space is limited in order to operate inside the working regional event and to insure the quality of the experience; therefore not all applicants will be accepted. Applicants will be invoiced upon acceptance into the academy.
The WGI Judge Academy is a two-day event and you will need to be available for both days. Academy students will begin one hour before the first performance on Saturday and will need to stay one hour beyond the last performance on Sunday.Cost - $150
- WGI badge & Digital Rulebook
- Trial judging on Saturday & Sunday, meals included
- Follow up evaluation
*All other travel expenses to the regional location (flight, hotel) are at the applicants expense.
Those selected for additional advancement will have the opportunity to participate in additional training at the WGI World Championships Preliminaries and Semi-Finals in Dayton, Ohio.
Deadline for Applications - January 1, 2023
Accepted Applicants to be notified by February 1, 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact Lyera@wgi.org or call 937-247-5919 ext. 305.