The deadline has now passed to express interest in volunteering for the 2013 WGI World Championships.
Information about the 2014 WGI World Championships will be available towards the end of 2013. Please revisit at that time!
Join the ranks!
WGI Sport Of The Arts
Come see pageantry's most exciting events from behind the scenes!!
WGI Color Guard World Championships
April 11-13, 2013
WGI Percussion World Championships
April 18-20, 2013
The WGI Sport of the Arts World Championships will play host to over 300 color guards and 180 percussion ensembles who strive to be crowned WGI Champions!
Volunteers are essential for providing the experience that members and fans expect from WGI. The success of our events is only possible with dedicated volunteers like you!
BENEFITS: There are many benefits to being a WGI Volunteer, but none as great as knowing you are providing the best opportunity for success for the young people competing in the events. Here are some other benefits:
- Hotel accommodations at the Dayton Marriott Hotel compliments of WGI
- Meals during event times at arenas
- Credentials that allow you entrance to all venues (week specific)
- Shuttle transportation from/to airport and hotel AND to each venue
- Discounts on WGI merchandise
- Free parking
- Commemorative Program Book
- Some, but not all, positions put you near or with a view of unit performances or warm up sites
- Special WGI event attire
- Opportunity to join the WGI Scholarship Committee
A few requirements for this year include:
- ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK ALL 3 DAYS - THURSDAY, FRIDAY AND SATURDAY!
- ALL VOLUNTEERS must attend Volunteer Meetings. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- If your desire is to be with your group or to watch your kid(s) perform, then please, be with your group verses volunteering. We will not be able to accommodate you if you have any type of competing unit affiliation, and we will not have the means to allow you "time-off" to go see a unit's performance.
AGE REQUIREMENT: All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Volunteers under the age of 18 should be accompanied by a parent, chaperone or Unit Director.
AVAILABLE POSITIONS: You will have the opportunity when you register to let us know which jobs or task you prefer. We will do our best to assign you to your preferred job(s), although we cannot guarantee them. A flexible attitude is essential.
DRESS: We will be providing event shirts for you to wear. As the events draws near, you will be advised of the shirt and pant selection for each day of Championships. Also, you will be on your feet all day, and most likely, on a concrete surface. Be certain to wear comfortable shoes. Some volunteer positions are outdoors, therefore jackets, coats, hats and raingear are advised.
VOLUNTEER MEETINGS: Information discussed at the Volunteer Meetings is critical to the success of the event. Attendance is mandatory!
- COLOR GUARD
SCHOLARSHIP STEAK FRY
Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 5:30pm - Flight Deck Lounge, UD Arena
Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 7:00pm - Marriott Hotel Ballroom
WGI HALL OF FAME RECEPTION
Wednesday, April 10, 2013, 9:00pm - Marriott Hotel Ballroom
Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 6:00pm - Marriott Hotel
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?: The 2013 deadline has passed. Click here to complete a Volunteer Interest Form. Once completed, you will receive additional information if you have been selected as a volunteer. Further communication will be sent via email. Please be certain that your email address listed on the Volunteer Interest Form is current and accurate to ensure you receive all communications.
If you are a returning volunteer, additional informtion will automatically be emailed to you.
Returning volunteers DO NOT need to submit the Volunteer Interest Form.
Questions / comments?? Please contact us at [email protected]
DEADLINE: The deadline to submit a Volunteer Interest Form is Friday, February 14, 2013!